Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Embarrassed by your smile? Turn to cosmetic dentistry for help.
Are you fed up with having a less-than-perfect smile? Do you hide your smile from those around you because you don’t want them to see stains, chips, and crooked teeth? If so, you’re in good company. Our dentist Dr. Michael Nguyen has helped many people living in and around Smyrna, GA, achieve the smiles they deserve through customized cosmetic dentistry.
We provide cosmetic dentistry
Whether you’ve hated that gap between your front teeth or you’re a coffee drinker dealing with stains, there are many reasons someone may turn to their dentist for help.
In most cases, cosmetic dentistry is the best option to turn to when it comes to altering and improving the color, shape, size, and even alignment of one or more teeth. The cosmetic dentistry services we offer here in Smyrna, GA, can make minor adjustments or give you a full-on makeover, depending on the problems you are facing and how severe they are.
While cosmetic dentistry may be able to make minimal repairs such as buffing out small chips or cracks or applying dental veneers to protect the enamel from wear and tear, the overall purpose is to enhance the look of your smile.
What types of cosmetic dentistry are available?
We believe that our patients should have choices when it comes to cosmetic dentistry options, which is why we offer a full range of services including:
- Dental bonding: This simple, non-invasive procedure involves applying a tooth-colored material over small discolorations, gaps, and chips to hide problem areas.
- Tooth reshaping/contouring: Shaving off small bits of enamel can help improve the overall length and shape of a tooth as well as smooth out pitted, uneven surfaces.
- Gum contouring: If you are dealing with an uneven, gummy smile and want to make teeth appear longer, we can also reshape and remove excess gum tissue.
- Teeth whitening: If you are dealing with yellowing teeth, stains, and other external discolorations then professional teeth whitening can quickly and painlessly remove these stains in about one hour. Teeth whitening can also get your teeth several shades brighter in just a single session.
- Dental veneers: Looking to hide more obvious imperfections such as larger gaps between teeth, visible chips, cracks, minor crookedness, or overlapping teeth that are misshapen or worn down? These thin tooth-colored shells are bonded to the front of your tooth to hide these flaws and to improve the overall appearance of your smile.
If you are interested in what cosmetic dentistry can do for your smile here in Smyrna, GA, you’ve come to the right place. Simply call Dr. Nguyen of Highland Dental today at (678) 305-9916 to schedule a consultation.
Would you feel more confident about your smile if you could correct a few flaws? Most people have at least one or two smile issues that could be improved with a cosmetic dentistry treatment. Smyrna, GA, dentist Dr. Michael Nguyen of Highland Dental helps you transform your smile with a variety of services and treatments.
Professional teeth whitening is one of the simplest and least expensive ways to improve the appearance of your smile. Whitening can remove stains caused by darkly pigmented foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, wine, cola, berries and sauces. Hydrogen peroxide, an all-natural whitening agent, seeps into the tiny pores in your tooth enamel and breaks apart stain-causing pigments. In-office whitening only takes about an hour and offers a safe, effective way to remove stains.
Replacing lost teeth improves your appearance and also restores your ability to chew and bite normally. Depending on the number of teeth you've lost, your Smyrna dentist may recommend one or more of these restoration options:
- Dental Bridge: Bridges are an excellent solution if you've lost a few teeth or a single tooth. They consist of crowns attached to an artificial tooth or teeth.
- Dentures: Full or partial removable dentures are good choices if you've lost all of your teeth or several teeth in a row.
- Dental Implants: Implants are synthetic replacement roots that bond to your jawbone. Adding a crown to the top of an implant fills the gap in your smile. Implants can replace single or multiple missing teeth.
Veneers offer an excellent way to hide minor imperfections in your smile. The thin shells are made of porcelain, a material that looks just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are made from an impression of your mouth and attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations are often used to hide slight gaps between your teeth, keep chips and cracks out of view, conceal discolorations or uneven surfaces, improve the shape of a crooked or twisted tooth, or lengthen a short tooth.
Would you like to transform your smile with one of these cosmetic dentistry treatments? Call Smyrna, GA, dentist Dr. Michael Nguyen of Highland Dental at (678) 305-9916 to schedule your appointment.